Sunday 5 April 2015

Studio closed for a week - plans

The studio has been shut since last Thursday from 5 pm to this Thursday morning (2nd - 9th April 2015), for Easter. Before this, I managed to do a lot of digital designs on the jacquard and even weaving a 'plain sample' of just a weave without a design. I have more plans when I can come back into the studio and access the jacquard designer software and machine. However, for the week out of the studio I want to focus on other areas of my work.

I really want to focus on;


  • The Statement of Practice
  • My sketchbook work
  • Market Research


My Statement of Practice needs to develop into a first draft and become a good piece of writing. I also need to check that my bibliography is up to date.

My current sketchbook needs to be filled - I have some work and ideas that need to be written up and stuck in, including my 3rd warp and patterns. I have some jacquard designs and development that needs to be put into the sketchbook too.

The market research needs to be built on and printed, allowing for a clearer view on my market - young women who shop at higher end stores. Giving a better idea on my design choices, This research might also help develop further work and inform future choices.

I also want to organise my patterns for this project - ready for hand in and use in my work. I have a box file and poly-pockets to do this allowing me to keep them neat and protected for future use and hand-in.

          ____________________________________________________________________



5 WEEKS

No comments:

Post a Comment