Thursday 16 April 2015

Board layout



Work space

TextilesSewingFashionStudio

These are the terms I searched for in Pinterest, for inspiration to development my ideas for my exhibition boards. Which is something I have thought about a lot for the past 2/3 months, I really want to present my work well and show it off . Which I can' t help but think of this as difficult due to the fact my work is white. But I'll share more on that later when I have some final ideas and/or samples to show off on this blog.

I've really focused on the theme of a fashion or textiles work-space and studio area. Though it's only been the last two days that I have put pen to paper to doodle the layout and ideas. Despite having looking at possible materials, supplies and equipment. I can't help it, I love shopping for nearly anything textiles/sewing related.



I've looked at starch, cork-board, chalks, tapes, tape measures, patterns, hangers and  rails. It's fun to plan, but I need to focus on creating the work and the layout that will compliment it best. Not do the shopping first which could limit what I can create for my exhibition.

I hope that I will have a finished idea soon to show you all. But for now here is some of the research for today. I've looked at a lot of patterns illustrations/photo and messy/in-use tables. This has helped create some more creative ideas that yesterdays doodles.
But these ideas may not be good in practice, e.g. using the idea of looking through a railing at a workshop, so more work will stand out against the back drop and hang on the railing nicely.







Or another example is using pattern pieces (or mock ones with patterns or pattern details) to use as a background for my work so to not use anything to bold or contrasting against my work. These ideas are interesting but focus too much on a backing and not enough on my work, so that I am not sure how to present them or what I might choose to present.








_______________________________________________________________________


My Pinterest Board for inspiration:

https://www.pinterest.com/lizzone/workshop/

______________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment