Wednesday 15 April 2015

3RD Warp

I have finished winding this third warp. I designed it to be composed of 3 blocks of 20cm, which can be woven with different patterns. This also allows for me to mix & match patterns, blocks, yarns, or other features.

I could have added a second warp (referred to as double cloth) or extra warp sections - but made the decision not to. This would take away from the 3 block's shafts. I would need to split the 24 shafts between the 3 blocks and another layer I added to this warp design - whether it was a second warp or extra warp.

I also choose to use two yarns     .........................................................


From these ones that I considered to use.



All of these are cotton, rayon or viscose. each have different strengths, and twists. Though the two I picked are nice viscose yarns which are very soft and have different twists - unfortunately there not what I wanted  when I was planning this warp - I wanted a set of 'shiny' yarns as I have loved using other yarns with a soft shine to them, throughout my other warp and samples - through the weft.

I have come to appreciate these yarns for the fact they are stronger and feel a little softer. They will weave very nicely.

With the completed warp - with threading done and the loom ready to weave I am hoping to have my warp plan to share on here - alongside some alternatives I considered.


No comments:

Post a Comment