Friday 1 May 2020

C . W : Outfit


Changing Wardrobes : 


Outfits : Dark Blue Maxi


Charity shop fabric from a week before the lock-down - got turned into a dress within 1 week of the lock-down. Not a bad choice of fabric - I don't tend to sew this blouse-y chiffon material, but I do love my floral shirts. Especially with a darker base colour. So this one while maybe not something I'd typically buy, was defiantly my first choice from the charity shop. i love the larger print and the autumn colours, perfect for me in March - when I had sewn this - and the follow me through summer. Even at home, its good for relaxing and I really enjoy sewing and driving in such loose dresses.




Spaghetti straps and bias tape took a bit of practice but I'm really happy with this look. Its my first try at making a maxi dress for myself. This colour might not be the most flattering, however I often prefer darker colours. I think adding bold block colours to wear with this dress would be perfect.
A mustard cardigan to brighten it up, a tan lather jacket to let the dress stand out or wear my pale blue scarf are all good options for cooler days.. For shoes - this dress is a little long so chunky shoes or wedges are good to wear. I have three pairs in white, all are good options. While bright they will add a nice pop, without drowning in colour or patterns. I have a sweet gold chained purse in white - that is a favourite for me every summer after my friends wedding - she encouraged all bridesmaids to have a white purse for necessities.


I still feel like I could have gone bigger on the frills but I was trying to manage my limited fabric. I had very little waste.


I should also note this maxi and the pale blue maxi were inspired by WithWendy- a sewing and diy youtuber. While my fit and look are very different she was a good inspiration and I could see her working this fabric/similar fabric. Seeing the fabric being handled was great, as I've always been warily of using chiffon and over handling raw edges.


I'd defiantly want to sew something similar again, but I first plan to wear this and the other maxi in a bit. 

                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment