Thursday 7 May 2020

G . O : Project


Getting On :


Project : Box Recycling




I have had an idea to do hampers for people before the lock down, and recycling some boxes I have for a nice presentation. Since lock down - I want and would need to be able to send them through the post. So I figured decorate some boxes - using up my old paints to make some more space, and treat a few more people to something nice. I've actually moved on from my first two boxes, started making some gifts for people and came back to do another one in a completely different style. I won't say who they are for, or what inspired me in case any friends follow any links to this blog. No matter how unlikely.

I went for having fun and using mostly what paints I have mixed up and in my collection (I haven't topped up my paints in a long time). I used acrylic paints and posca pens. I will also add these took several coats of white and are semi delicate - they will peel if I'm not careful. Also to post these to my recipients I will also wrap these, making them a very colourful surprise. Each box was made with a person in mind, so I hope it'll be a good surprise.











I was a lot more playful with the first two, and left them a little messy on purpose. The second box I have photographed half finished as the next details will reveal who its for. I could have left the box as it was - I was happy with how it came out, even with the antlers looking a little chunky in places.


I had a lot of fun recycling these boxes and filling my time, the idea of someone receiving the box is a lot of fun as well. While it took a good part of 3 days work, I will state I do not expect anyone to keep these boxes. Acrylic paint can peel and stick to other items, especially when not sealed.




                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment