Saturday 18 April 2020

C . W : Outfit

Changing Wardrobes : Light Blue Maxi


I've recently sewn this dress from fabric I brought at a charity shop - right before lock-down and sewn it a week and half into the stay at home order. So, while I really like how the dress came out the fabric might not have been my first choice. I also have no garden to sit and wear it, but its good and flow-y for sewing and relaxing at home.


























I really do like the shade of light blue. I can think of a lot of combinations with my current wardrobe, my first choice is my light tan faux leather jacket and plenty of silver jewellery. Adding some little boots till summer hits. The flower print, is a lot more varied than the other fabrics I picked up. I could also play off of these colours a lot more too.

This was my second try at a maxi frilly trimmed dress, with this type of fabric. I was greatly inspired by With Wendy to try this. I am a lot curvier than her so I knew the relaxed fit wouldn't be the same on my body, along with my limited amount of fabric. I  knew I wanted to have more of a play when making a second dress - I did a pleated back panel, and created my own cutout back for more fit and structure up top.
The end of the ties on the back, are finished with beads. These were the best fit from what i already own, I also didn't want anything too heavy. I think next time I would go for a contrasting softer fabric for the ties. The hem is also a gentle high/low hem, meaning the back does need a thick sole or heel to not touch the floor. 

This was just dress 2, out of 6 that I've made since the lock-down. So, I'm a little tired of sewing dresses already. But I'm looking forward to finding more inspiration to get me to knuckle back down.
Stay home and stay safe. Use your stashes and do what makes you happy.




                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment