Thursday 24 September 2015

Weaving scarves


Using the jacquard I designed and woven this set of scarfs. In white, pink and blue, with a sewn edge to stop fraying too much. I wanted a different design than what others were creating for our fund raising at university.
I wanted something, suited for a younger target, and lent towards a 'girlish' design. But not out right pink and in your face.  I wanted something fun and didn't think out colour palettes would work, as well as this pale pink and blue palette. I did think of yellow, of green, and I did think of purple with pink too. But I didn't like it, and I found yarns but none that worked together.

I loved how this came out when woven and washed. I am really proud of the results. The design is simple, but effective and brings together the different elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment