Saturday 19 September 2015

Stash!


Yarn Stash!


These yarns are a few that I am not using just yet (I'll share more on those projects later). I have a few small balls of cream with speckles of colour - Not enough for a jumper or anything in just this yarn. However, I could make some sleeves or use it as an edge or trimming, to a project ( I think it would be a quint little button stand if it was made from this yarn).  This is acrylic yarn, quite soft and fine.




 This yarn (below) is a silk and alpaca mix in jewel colours, I crocheted the entire length of it - bringing to coloured sections closer together.  This doesn't look right knitted tightly unfortunately. I am thinking of actually sewing or loosely knitting/crocheting this new yarn into something. My original plan was to create necklaces and bracelets with just the lengths. But, I can make something special, and I really want to with this yarn's colours.



This yarn I originally had plans for - to knit a little waist coat front with this yarn for a 4 year old, and get more yarn as I needed. As a 4 year old is likely to grow out the clothing quickly and not care much about colour matching. I thought this adorable and still do - this was last summer, and I think the little man has enough sweaters, sweater vests, etc that we all love to dress him up in. (So far he doesn't care or have a 'special outfit' he just has to wear). Now I don't know, I think its something I'd like to wear but I have no clue what to make, maybe make socks? I want it to last but its the perfect size to practice double ended knitting needles too. This is heavily dyed wool yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment