Tuesday 15 September 2015

New Pattern to do!

                       I have a new pattern to do! Exciting!

I picked this up second hand, not from the magazine. This wasn't a freebie for me but a little donation from a bookstall, to a beautiful building isn't much trouble. The architecture of an old train station turned into a social hub with cinema and cafes, and galleries is wonderful when there's no use for such an old building.

Anyway back to the pattern. I choose this out of all the other vintage ones - because its more wearable for me - as a I am curvy woman. It has boning in the sweet heart neckline, a train, and a jacket for full lace.
The silhouette isn't one I have had before, though I do have a sweet heart neckline in a skater dress - but it doesn't have any boning, it uses netting to hold up the dress.

I thought very quickly in how I can use this pattern to alter other - e.g. sweet heart neckline, boning, a train - which I can use to create a nicely rounded up and down hem.

The skater dress is one I first thought of editing, then this pattern I think I could make something really lovely. Something unique for me.

I could use this dress for all kinds of occasions - especially dressing up for a big do, I could use it to go to weddings, though I won't use it for my own -  I think I would be too obsessed with getting it perfect! So I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I really want to try the lace jacket but it's likely the last thing I'll ever make - it's not something I would wear very often. A bit of a shame.

* I wish I had brought a hat - navy blue, small top, with a wide, titled rim. It leans forward to show off the back - under the rim the hat continues to show off blue roses. It's stunning.

I can imagine that hat. and this dress made up with a bodice of black duchess satin (quite heavy and thick, with a thinner lining) and a white/cream/blue skirt. Maybe with blue stitching, that few people would probably notice.

Perhaps, I'll get doodling soon to share some ideas with you guys? I'd love to get some options.

No comments:

Post a Comment