Sunday 29 March 2015

My Illustrations for my White Project

My white project has meant drawing designs could be difficult - colours won't translate to bright designs or patterns but more subtle textures. Illustrations could be down in simple black lines, but might give the idea of bold contrasting yarns, weave pattern or colour - lending a sharpness to the drawings, that could have been difficult to create in my textiles or not translate at all.


I've made use of the skin coloured acrylics, black fine liner, white pens and white paint (some mother of pearl paint too)- on both sides of the paper - allowing for fainter black line details, solid colours with fewer layers on top of the paper.
This allows for more detail to be drawn on the semi-transparent paper.

Models with no backing card and the wrong side of the clothing
 designs, drawn on tracing paper. A lot of different mediums used.

These photos are of my latest drawings, Though I do have some older designs in my sketchbook and on boards, on paper and also tracing paper.

The style has changed a lot since I began drawing my designs - which I'll share later when I have some nicer images of the work. I had actually started with white chalk and black charcoal on tracing paper. I was surprised that the hairspray didn't affect the tracing paper very much, compared to wet paint or watered down paint.


This is the right side of the drawings. 






No comments:

Post a Comment