Thursday 26 March 2015

Dress In Print - YouTube ads

YouTube gave me ad -  for sportswear. And you know what I liked what I saw, even better it had something interesting for my work - research wise. I want to look into sportswear because of its structure and this collection/brand has a lot going for it design wise. Thus, giving me a lot more to think about.

Structure is something I want to look at because of my jacquard weaves where I  weave pattern pieces and want to create garments from them directly. Using the designs woven on them to help shape and decorate the garment. Sportswear could be a good source of research for this shaping and design. Especially with how to design something aesthetically pleasing whilst having this necessary structure to create the garment. Whilst I do not think this will lead me away from my collections purpose - indoor/leisure fashion wear. Creating some designs closely influenced by sportswear could appeal to my target audience more.

Weaving/knitting to shape is one answer, shrinking  is another possibility.

http://dressinprint.com/


http://dressinprint.com/collections/lets-get-physical


No comments:

Post a Comment