Friday 5 March 2021

G . O : Watercolour Tags

  

Getting On :


Watercolour Tags : Die-cutting Paper Crafts




I started die-cutting in 2020, as a way to help make a friend's wedding invites. I've had a lot of fun with it, and made a point to buy dies that would be used again. With the ideas for cards and gift trimmings, e.g. boxes and tags. I made a few for friends and family as gifts over Christmas. I also made several available on Etsy. I still do. However, since December I wanted to continue to play with die-cutting - I've struggled with designing cards, but had fun with newer weights of card and paper. including the title of this post - watercolour paper. I've had fun with painting designs and adding texture to paper that can be used as a material. This has made some very abstract and refreshing unique pieces.







It's been nice to plan and explore with basic designs, then finding I can twist what I've learnt in a new way. I always like applying my new skills to others, whether I'm still learning or I'm established my abilities. I think I prefer plant themes. However, the tones and textures made with layering colour like on my gift bags, below - is a design I want to plant with further. I'm hoping this will lead me to build more card design and building skills, as even if I don't sell cards. I would love to be able to send homemade cards to family and friends. To do that I need to be happy with the results I want to give. Preferably, this would also be holding myself to a standard, as if this was a product, personal or not. 


I'm going to keep looking for more inspiration, more colour and how to add finishing touches to each piece. Finding a style all my own, within just papercrafts and paper cutting.






                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment