Friday 12 March 2021

C . W : Patterns

 


Changing Wardrobes : 


Patterns : Prima July 2015 & 6557





These two patterns are for halter neck dresses, on the left is the Prima pattern July 2015. Let most of of Prima pattern was gifted to me. It's a simple halter style with a V-neck and tied at the neck. With a variate for a child's dress, with elastic, rather than a zip, and no darts. 
The second pattern is 6557 - its from simplicity and was brought at a market. This pattern has 5 dress styles with a few fastening options. With halter neck and other options for straps, as well.

A halter neck dress is a good choice for summer, with the most popular fabric being cotton/linen. These two patterns are very different - both in silhouette and level. The prima pattern is still fitting with darts and with a simple simple skirt, while the simplicity pattern (on the right) has 3 parts. A skirt, waist and bust. This raises the level for those sewing, but the shapes and options should not be difficult to follow, but adding gathers, piping and bound edges also increases the work. 

This increase in work and complexity also increases the options and wear-ability. Teaching you can take a simple dress for summer, the beach or a simple evening, to take other skills you've learned for a more unique design and tailored. Taking a chance to learn and applying what you've learned through both patterns I feel more options will open up. 

For myself I'm most interested in 6557's option E - I wouldn't have the waist tie, but the sweet heart neckline would be great in a red/purple satin. I have a lot of trouble with halter neck dresses due to the pull on my neck - I feel I could learn to make more support within the dress and make adjustments to the tie to reduce the pull. I have a preference for a fitted dress and the waist would allow for the fit I want, this is only big factor. The shape to both is lovely and with the various on the second pattern or some inspired additions - Anyone can play with the design of a dress or two.






             
    ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment