Friday 26 February 2021

C . W : Patterns


Changing Wardrobes : 


Patterns : March 2015 & July 2019


























March 2015 Prima Pattern on the left has culottes and loose boxy top, in a long enough to almost hit the hips. The top has 3 option, including a lace trim. I have noted on the pattern I would lengthen this pattern, this in is relation to the culottes as I don't like most trousers hitting me mid leg. The length -with shop brought clothes- are often too long and hit the wrong part of my ankle/leg. I'd have this hit mid ankle or shorten to hit a little higher on me. This pattern will be comfy but likely need to be adjusted for most people. Shortening the top for a more purposeful boxy top or even a loose crop top. 


While on the right, I have July 2019 Prima Pattern with a loose top with a few options on length, hem shaped and front detail. A very comfy style again and loose fitting - the type you could wear all summer or as a cover up. With this style you could also length the sleeves by another 3/4cm and roll hem as decoration.

For me - I lean towards the March 2015 pattern - both for the top and culottes. I like a boxy top - but either men's or shorter - hitting the waist not the hips. The suggestion of the lace details are very appealing. As is playing with a fit of the culottes, extending the hem a little I can easier shorten them as needed.
I like a loose trouser with pleats in the waistband, giving plentily of space for hips and movement. I could see making a set with cotton/polyester culottes and a top of printed or textured viscose. Contrasting colours and print could be a lot of fun. 







The left pattern 5827 appears to be very simple with the option for contrasting fabrics and high keyhole opening.



                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment