Friday 5 February 2021

G .O : Embroidered Patches

 

Getting On :


Embroidered Patches : 



With Lockdown I have restarted my Etsy and a large reason was to sell items I make as a hobby or interest. Since I have sewn for years, I have quite a bit of experience with embroidery and beading to expand on my skills. Embroidery has been a great way to expand on my design skills and take my time with work - I can't always draw on paper and can struggle to sit and get my ideas out. 
It started with just practicing some bead work, then some embroidery stitches and developed into actually making pieces that could sell, if someone is interested. 

I'm currently focused on stitching pieces to create stock, each piece will be unique and different from one another. Allowing for some stock, along a few other pieces. Once I feel comfortable with the amount, I will focus larger projects, including embroidery or embroidered pieces. Such as some pieces I want to make are 30-50cm tall and another idea is similar to the gifts I made previously - aprons with embroidered details - keeping the idea of making each unique or allowing custom work. I don't want to duplicate every item, despite the handmade aspect ensuring each will always be unique.

If you look at my work so far below I have been varied with my stitch work, designs and themes. Taking ideas from what interests me at the time, be it exploring heart designs. Embroidering my style of eyes. Using fabric paint to enhance some of my work. Or focus on composition and layout with moon pieces. It keeps my hands busy and allow me to interest myself in a single project at a time, in the hoop.








                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment