Friday 12 February 2021

C . W : Patterns


Changing Wardrobes : 


Patterns : Aug 2014 & May 2015




Both of these patterns were given to me - both are separates to a make a whole outfit. May 2015 Prima Pattern on the left, makes up a squared necked dress and fitted jacket. White Aug. 2014 Prima pattern makes up a top and skirt pairing. Both patterns allow for matching sets or mixing fabrics or patterns.


These two patterns are of two very different styles of necklines and though the dress and top have similar dart placements - they can be fitted to be more boxy/loose, as the dress is photographed or more fitted as the top. It would also be possible to swap the necklines between them - as long as any sewer is aware of the changes it it bring. For my style - last year I would have likely sewn the dress - I try to wear less trousers when I'm out of work and its even a little warm. Make it out of floral cotton or a glittered black fabric with a heavier cotton. Lowering the neckline a by 2-4 cm. 
However, I would lean towards the jacket from May 2015 Pattern and the skirt from the Aug. 2014 pattern. Making them in matching small print. OR a floral skirt and soft great jacket. I'd do this to have more jackets that would fit me well and I enjoy sewing skirts a lot after making many sun dresses at the beginning of lockdown. The skirt would pair well with a lot more tops I own.  
The jacket - if care is taken- could even be made it cotton with sheer panels or lacey effects. Making a very unique piece.


The top is could become boxy and short on my body - due to my bust. I can make several adjusts to help the fit - however if I made the top and it wasn't a perfect fit I wouldn't wear it even with a matching skirt. Or amazing fabric I loved.





                 ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment