Saturday 17 October 2015

Pattern

Another Simplicity pattern



A simple dress with some variations, with a short bodice of an A-line dress and a long skirt. With variations on neckline, collar and sleeves. It's 6-16 so I've got so much room to play with the design, if I want to stray from the elegant dress.

Though a high a-line/empire line is not always the most flattering on me, a simple dress like this is a basic and having a long dress in my collection would be helpful, especially in this skirt shape. A V-neck often does flatter me, however, and having the sensible options for a collar and/or sleeves is nice to have.


I'm interested in what fabrics I'll use for a dress like this. Though I don't see myself using a patterned fabric - like a mad floral or anything too abstract or mad with colours. I might surprise myself though.

I think I'll use a bound edge like the one below A (option D), without sleeves. Though I might try to add a slit, after my first attempt. I'll definitely have some fun with this dress pattern.

________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment