Sunday 18 October 2015

C.W : Project Converse


Well some of my old shoes are getting a make over for a Changing Wardrobes post. I'm quite excited. I decided on a different theme on each shoe but working the colours and on shoes continuously hopping between them. I want the designs to flow on each shoe, they don't need  to match or work amazing together this is just more practice for me. But if they look a littler coherent, it would be nice. 

First they need the laces removing, to be cleaned and wiped down. The soles have holes, so I don't wear them as often anymore. So if this little project turns bad I'm gonna be fine with it. As for the these I have gone with I'll keep them a surprise for now.  I am going to start on the tongue of the shoe - best space for practice to me, and it seems like a nice place to start while I have ideas in my head. then the outside of the shoe, before curving round the back and onto the inside.

I'd like to design the whole shoe at a time. But despite me doodling ideas and maybe showing off some possible ideas. I'm going to plan only a few designs ahead. This should keep the design flowing and only space as its left rather than squishing all the designs into one area. Which I think would ruin the whole idea.

As for materials, you maybe have guessed it - I'm embroidering it again, not painting or drawing on these shoes. For a few reasons; 1. They are black, so harder to draw or paint on, but not impossible, 2. I need the practice, 3. It's a bit of fun, and its something I'd prefer. I painted and made up a pair in university to show off me as a person. I used paint, pens, glue and applique, all sorts. I want to see how I've developed my skills and learn something here.


So I know this isn't the most exciting piece at the moment but I'm looking forward to sharing doodles, designs and updates as I get on, with you all. And the final pieces.


_______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment