Tuesday 9 June 2015

facebook: ChangingWardrobes
twitter: @AnimalRev
instagram: lizzone_steph

Sorry there is a selection of names but a lot were taken. If you want these choices explained then continue reading.

Lizzone is a nickname I made from my middle name Elizabeth, as a kid, for a few reasons; I hated Stephanie  as a kid and both online and console games its boring and long to save, especially if you have to go through the alphabet for s and t.  Its just something I've kept for a long time and I often don't like using my real name online, especially when I was younger.

Animal rev is short for Animal revolution a name I gave my etsy store. I choose that as I was creating Animal themed pieces through up-cycling and I don't like creating waste, so I'm trying to be environmentally friendly (even if I'm still very far from doing my best to do more) and if I ever picked it up again it will reflect where I started, even if I change that name later.

And changing wardrobes is short for this blog's title but reflects what I want to do with this blog and Facebook page - which is fashion and sewing for the most part. A better name than getting on, I think.

These names aren't meant to be connecting a large number of people over different networks and I actually want to separate these audiences and what I share - I'll always be me, but I want to share different parts of me honestly - not create 3 different versions or 'brands' of myself. However I know a lot of these aren't going to be completely separate if I'm proud of something I'll want to show it off, or if I think someone on one social media will appreciate a photo more or an inspiring artist - I'll share it on what I think is best.

I want to do the best I can and continue building myself online, for a passing audience, a 'follower' or just a another student who finds a like minded person. I like to make people smile, but best doing this makes me smile - I'm doing something and I'm getting something done. This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment