Saturday 4 July 2015

G.O: Photography; Degree show catalog images





 My degree work - catalog images

Photographed by a member of the teaching staff at university - these are just a few of the catalog photographs. The photographs are great, I've had some real big problems with photographing my own work due to the textures and colours. I'm really happy with how these turned out and that they photographed so well.

He took into account the textures, the layout, and even incorporated some features and themes of my work too.

My digital designed weaves - my Jacquard loom woven pieces, are kept separate from the majority of my other work. Most (especially earlier jacquard's) are focused more on the weaving of pattern pieces - thus focusing on the design primarily.

Whilst some later Jacquards do focus more on texture.Though I have tried to pick and choose weaves applied to the designs; due to their structure, colour, and textures.

The photographs seem to favor my hand made samples from the Textel looms. Which have the most variety in texture, tone, materials and colour. Giving them a larger variation between their designs and intended use.

My favorite is probably the bottom image - because the combinations of textures, some tones and colour.


I don't have much exciting news with what to expect next but thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment