Tuesday 30 June 2015

G.O : My business cards!



They arrived - I'm so happy!



I've been waiting on these business cards for a while, and they arrived a while back though I didn't share this sooner - and though they are only mini cards I'm glad to see them here and ready to hand out. Though they missed my degree show and didn't go to the event New  Designers along with other work that was presented (Mine wasn't selected however, I was featured in the catalog alongside the rest of the class, with my contact details).


Yep they are from Moo! I like the options
they give you , but the problem is the same
with all printing places no matter how cheap
 they are - postage/delivery prices can be pretty
 hefty if you want things sooner than later.
This has had a big impact on this summer though. My blog has had a number of more views - over 500! Which makes me really proud of myself and the work I'm doing here online. It's only going to push me to be better and work harder.

However, as I am leaving university I do have a number of things to work around - packing, moving plans, projects and saying good bye. There's also sorting my old stuff and where the remaining stuff will go, there's also job searching and interviews, which also includes organising and traveling for each situation too. But its all going good and these business cards will help me continue with getting something textile related work-wise in the future. I love the little box I got them in and I also ordered a separate black box for them which will help me not lose them all in one go.

They came in three colours; red, pink and purple. With three variations of the textures which you can see. This isn't a  custom design like I had originally planned, I even tried sampling some photographs but they didn't work out. Not of the images represented my work well, and there was little to differentiate the weave structure and textures and there's just white and no colour to create a contrast. But I loved this texture piece and it really links in with my work - having the theme of textures. But the colours are also those in my blog and I think they are represented well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment