Monday 2 September 2013

CW: Two things - Fixing clothes and making hoods and capes?

Changing Wardrobes :


Firstly fixing clothes, I am visiting my mam, and she seems to of had a problem with some clothes, they are tearing and losing buttons. So with my needles and threads I am stepping up, well I the only one in the house who has 3 different sets of threads. Though I should add my mam is fully capable if it wasn't the time and care needed to fix them. She's gone back to work today and has my half brother to take care off (he's still very young).

So I have a jumper with buttons to fix, a pair of trousers have lost their stitching on the zipper, as well as a skirt and a dress that both have tears in the front. I need to take up the outskirts to the correct lengths (above the tears) and then proceed with taking up the lining skirts, to match in length.

Without a sewing machine - this is not daunting for me I did this last year with a vintage Chinese style dress. I am just hoping my mam is pleased with the results; that is a little daunting.



Secondly, I'd like to hear some opinions on fleece capes and hoods I could make, I've got a bright red and a powder soft blue- I probably won't mix the colours because the red will make the blue look very washed out, but who would be interested in buying something like that this autumn/winter?

The capes can be hooded or not, and the hoods, can be plain or themed to, will snap fastenings or Velcro on the front to fasten them against the elements. So the can be customised to each audience and customers. If it goes well I can buy more fabrics and keep on going.


Should I make children's or adults though?
                  As it is leftover fabrics and I do not plan on keeping any back. Please leave me your thoughts and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment